Image Map

Monday, June 28, 2021

Organization is KEY

I am beyond excited to be sharing my very first post with you!!!  I thought I would kick things off by sharing something that is very important to me . . . ORGANIZATION!

I am the kind of teacher/librarian that thrives on having everything organized and having my planning done weeks in advance.  I also like to have everything for my lessons in one spot where I can access all of the materials I need for any given week.

To stay organized I{reluctantly} started using Google Slides and my Google Drive when I began my new career in the library during the 2019-2020 school year.  This also made it easy to share with my fellow district elementary library ladies.  

Each week I created a new set of Google Slides that had everything I needed for all of my K-5 lessons hyperlinked. 

Here's a peek at the format I used the past two years.  It worked great for me!



Click here to open the Google Slide.

This was extremely helpful to me during the 2020-2021 school year because I began the year on a cart going from classroom to classroom for my lessons.  I could easily sign in to my Google account and everything I needed was in one spot.

I also LOVE to write everything down in my planner as I am prepping for the week.  There's just something about a cute planner and flair pens that makes a girl happy, am I right?!?!

Towards the end of the year I got to thinking that it would really be nice to organize not only my slides, but also my plans into one single spot . . . so I began working on an online lesson plan book.  I created it using Google Slides.  Each tab is hyperlinked to the month, which makes it easy to jump to where you need to be.


I needed to make sure that it had a monthly calendar where I could add special school events.  I purchased THE. CUTEST. SET. EVER of Digital Planner Stickers For Teachers on TpT that I absolutely LOVE!!!  They are the perfect addition to my planner.


If you are like me, you probably have a list of things to do every week.  So,  I created a slide for each week where there is a place to keep a digital list and mark off items from your list once you have completed them.  This would also be a fun spot to add more digital stickers!!


Finally, the slide where I can organize all of the resources I need for my lessons.  I stuck with the color coded boxes for each grade level like I had before.  You will notice that this coming year I will no longer have 5th graders due to my district opening two new intermediate schools.  I also added a button for GOOD THINGS!!!  I always begin each class period letting my students share the good things that are happening in their lives.


Hopefully this new digital planner will keep me organized.  I have made it available to purchase in my TpT store.  Shop carefully because I have posted several options.  If there is a grade configuration that would better suit your building/classes feel free to reach out to me.  I am happy to make edits and post them.  It seems like there are so many different building configurations these days!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment