Image Map

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Peace Out

 Another successful year in the Media Center has come to an end.

All 13,249 books have been inventoried.

Only 19 books were unaccounted for after inventory.

There were 22 books not returned by students.

Year 3 was definitely the best yet!

I'm not going to lie . . . I've been counting down the days until summer break just like the kids have (and I imagine a few of you too). Next week I am California bound and I have a bag full of books to get started on while I lay by the pool. More to come on that soon!!!

But, before I checked out of my building this morning I had an overwhelming sadness. When I looked at this big quiet space, with the blinds all pulled down, it seemed like the {pause} button has been pushed on all the magic this space provided students and staff this school year.

Take a look for yourself . . .




Our school library ALWAYS has kids in it. Whether they are coming down to check out a new book, return books, or just say hello, it is NEVER this quiet. 

And the reason . . . is my library squad. Both of these ladies are new to their roles this year and they have absolutely rocked it! They make sure EVERY student (even the ones who are sometimes hard to love) feel loved!  

If you are like me and have a library team that you would like to give a "shout out" to please reply with a picture and the name of your school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment